Monday, July 29, 2013

Why didn't you say so sooner?

Sunday morning my time, I called to chat with my parents. While on the phone, Mimi decided she wanted to play.

She started biting my jeans, and made ferocious sounds. There was a little nom-nom-nom, and a little grr-ruff-ruff, followed by all-out barking. She was loud. My parents thought I must have been standing inside a lion's cage at the zoo.

So my dad, who has a close first-hand relationship with my little mutt, asked me to put Mimi on the phone. I moved the earpiece down to her level while counting to three so my dad would know when to start talking. I couldn't hear what he was saying, but Mimi seemed very attentive to whatever it was he was telling her.

I pulled the phone back up to my ear and asked him what he said. He said, "I told her to cut that malarkey out and to STOP BARKING!" 

And she did.

I haven't stopped laughing since.

No comments: