Monday, July 29, 2013

Oh happy day!

Eighty years ago this evening in a small town a few hours west of Houston, a cute little baby boy was born. (I wasn't there of course, but I've seen pictures.) He, the youngest, made his family of five complete. 

Eighty years flies by too fast if you ask me. I'm sure to him it seems like just yesterday that he was walking through a creek full of alligators on his way home from school. 


To know him is to love him. I'm going to pull some of his birthday greetings from Facebook so you can see what others have said about him (names abbreviated or shortened to protect everyone's privacy):

WOW is right!! You are an amazing man with an amazing family. I am proud to be part of it! Warmest wishes and biggest ((HUGS)) on your birthday! We love you Uncle Wheeler! ~~William, Sheila, Rio, Addy and Torali~~

Mr. Wilson. I met you when J and I were roommates at HPU. I hope you have a great birthday. The phenomenal family you have is testimony to your character. Well done, sir. May you have a joyous day. - Phil M.

Happy Birthday, Grandpa! Love you - Kelsey S.

Happy Birthday, Mr. Wilson!! I went to college with E and J. We were all in band together. Hope you have a great day!! - Mel M.

Happy Birthday to you, Mr. Wilson!! I went to HPU with your favorite kiddos  I don't think we ever met, but I know how important you are to E and J! I'm an expert at being a Daddy's Girl, so I know how E would love to be with you on this special day. I know her  is with you! Happy Birthday! Enjoy your day. Robin LS 

Mr Wilson ...happy birthday to the father of 2 Wilson children who've been in my life J via Continental Singers tour back in '83 and wonderful E via Tasmania connection 26 years ago! Thanks for sharing these beautiful people with us. Have a wonderful special day Monday on your birthday! Sending God's richest blessings to you. - Sandy G.

Happy birthday, Mr. Wilson. I went to college with your kids too. I hope you have a great day filled with happiness. - David L.

I met Mr. Wilson and Mrs. Wilson for the first time at HPU when I had to introduce myself as the girl who broke their daughter's nose. And they still made me welcome in their Pecos home often on my trip home to NM. Happy Birthday! - Cindy W. {Note from E: just busted, not broken, no hard feelings, we're great friends}

Happy Birthday Grandpa!! You're amazing, and warm, and you're one of my favorite people. Thanks for being a hero of mine, and for loving so deeply that it transcends all cheap definitions of the word. You're, in short, wonderful. Happy Birthday - Karin R.  

Mr Wilson, hope you have an awesome Birthday. Oh and you probably remember better than I do the first time we met. - Mitch M.

Happy birthday Mr Wilson - I have never met you but your E and I became good friends when she was in Tasmania. May your day be awesome and special. If E is anything like you - you must be one special person. - Maryann M

Happy Birthday Uncle Wheeler! We love you and Aunt Mary very much. Wish we could come down there & visit. - Wanda Sue M.

Eighty years! That's something special. I count my lucky star blessings to be in this family.

No comments: