Thursday, July 11, 2013

Before Brit

Looooooooong before a teenaged Britney Spears started the fad of baring midriffs, Chinese men had trademarked this style as their own. She was late to the party.

Her abs were a bit more ripped than this guy's though, gotta give her that.

At rush hour this evening, almost every major intersection had watermelon trucks like this one, selling the popular melon. There were lots of customers, but I was not one of them -- watermelons are a bit too sticky and messy for my liking. Something about this scene reminds me of growing up in west Texas though. The sign in Chinese and high-rise buildings definitely are not reminders, but the heat index was 116°F today, and the easy-going atmosphere took me back to the scorching hot memory-filled summers of my youth.

No comments: