Sunday, July 28, 2013

Small world

For the last couple of weeks I was kind of in the middle of nowhere in China. One day I met an American woman from Las Cruces, New Mexico. I told her I had a niece or two who lived in that city. She asked their names. When I mentioned KR, the lady's eyes got big. Not only does she know KR, but her husband performed for the wedding ceremony for KR and her husband when they got married last year. And KR's husband works for this lady's husband! Ha-ha, just another small world story to add to my long list.

My favorite small world story is from B&J Mussey, when they were in a Beijing elevator with two total strangers, and it turned out that one of those two strangers had grown up in Pecos (where we are all from). They didn't know each other, but they knew each other's friends and families. I know. In BEIJING, in an ELEVATOR!

Anyway, I am back in my own abode once again. After two weeks of eating the same thing every day, you won't be surprised to hear I've had Italian food, Mexican food, Subway sandwich and a latte since I got back 48 hours ago. My taste buds have thanked me over and over again. (You're welcome, little buds.)

No comments: