Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Bitter realization

Pinterest is full of DIY home improvement ideas. I ran across one such idea for restoring luster to wood furniture. It said to combine 5 parts canola oil with 1 part vinegar and apply to wood with a cloth. I figured it couldn't hurt, so I applied it to the piece of furniture above.
Uh oh, here she comes. Next thing I knew, Mimi was licking the oil and vinegar off the furniture like it was an ice cream cone. She was clearly crazed for this taste. I made a fresh batch of oil and vinegar, poured a little over the food in her plate she had previously ignored, and sure enough, she ate everything on her plate. (Yeah, what dog is finicky like a cat when it comes to eating? Apparently this is a Pekingese trait.)

This DIY project didn't damage my furniture, but I don't think I'll use this recipe next time. It didn't do much for the furniture. 


Since this post already mentions my dog, I'll go ahead and stick another photo of her up:
Happy doggy with full vinegary tummy lies in her new bed. (Maybe later she'll figure out the bed is more comfortable if she turns her body lengthwise.)

No comments: