Saturday, July 13, 2013

Cafe at the park


I keep reminding myself of the bitter cold winters here as impetus to get out while the sun is shining. Not many other people are out at noon when the heat and humidity index is at 116°F, but I am. With all the sunscreen, I'm not sure I'm soaking up the vitamin D the doctor says I need, but it feels good anyway.

Yesterday I rode my e-bike at noon to the far side of town where I checked out a new Italian cafe near the lake. The restaurant is beautiful inside and out. The food was average tasting and over-priced. (I could make the same thing for about 10 percent of what I paid for it. I mean ... spaghetti? Maybe I should have tried the pizza instead since I am less likely to make it at home.)

I love summer ... not because of beaches or vacations or swimming pools, but because I can fearlessly leave the house and have freedom of movement (you know, because for a few short months, I actually don't have to wear long johns)!

No comments: