Thursday, May 09, 2013

Tiananmen again (hey, that rhymes!)

I was back at Tiananmen Square yesterday. Pictured above is Qian Men (literally "front gate" or "front door") at the far south end of Tiananmen Square.
This colorful (but sullen) little girl posed on the square. She paused from eating her fruit to do some diva pose that her mom (also present) probably taught her.
Hi. My name is Larry. This is my brother Daryl, and this is my other brother Daryl (who may or may not have forgotten to wear pants today).
The military is out in Beijing all the time. But Benjamin Netanyahu is in town today. So today, more.
I hope no one came to Beijing just to take a picture of the entrance to Forbidden City. The scaffolding is not very picturesque. That's a portrait of former Chairman Mao Zedong under the scaffolding.
A Tiananmen statue representing "the people" who helped build China. More photos coming soon!

No comments: