Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Free music

While I was in Bedrock, I stayed in the center of town near a huge public square where people congregate day and night for various reasons. There is ballroom dancing, group exercise, and all sorts of stuff going on. It was really noisy. There was loud music from early in the morning until late at night. I heard ladies singing opera-style music. These guys set up their little band on the corner. They brought their own sound equipment. Here they are tuning their guitars, and eventually the guy seated will remove the cigarette from his mouth and start singing. They were awesome. It sounded like a professional recording. I wonder if this is how bands get discovered, by playing free gigs in public squares? It was fairly entertaining, I must say.

I used to live two blocks away from the square. It was not so noisy there.

No comments: