Wednesday, May 22, 2013

My favorite little village

On the outskirts of Bedrock is a little village where I've spent more time than any other village in this country. My dear friend XW lives there.
 Here she is coming to greet me. She broke into a run as she saw me approach.
Here's her husband. He took the day off work because I was coming to visit. Yeah, really. Very humbling.
Here is XW and another friend DY. DY is 77-years-old and speaks perfect English. She speaks it better than some people who are native English speakers. DY lives in the big city, but accompanied me to the village since we both know XW.
 This is inside XW's village home courtyard. They have steps that lead up to the flat roof.
We asked her not to make lunch for us, because she always goes to so much trouble. She had fruit, snacks and tea for us instead. (Actually, she had lunch for us too. She had it hidden in the refrigerator, hoping we would agree to stay. We did.)
 A cup of Chinese tea in a Chinese village home. Perfect.

No comments: