Monday, May 20, 2013

A visit to the homeland

When I was in Bedrock, I wanted to retrace Mimi's roots. In March 2005, I found her for sale in a cardboard box by the side of the road, near where another seller also sets up shop on the sidewalk. They are still there selling dogs. So I went by there to reminisce. That was kind of a mistake. The dogs there are SO CUTE. If I had been traveling by car, I might have carried a couple of these home with me.
Specifically, I would have taken Mimi's little one-year-old cousin pictured above. I want this dog to have a good home! Look at that sweet face. I am a sucker for Pekingese. I don't think I could have another kind of dog. Which is a shame because they shed and eat expensive food. But this sweet face melts my heart every time I see it. Pekingese have such feeling and intellect. They are too smart for their own good, and seem to know when life is good or bad.
So, so adorable. A white Pekingese and a brown poodle. At least they have shade. Some of the dogs did not.
This happy little guy is full of fun. There was a crack in the "ceiling" of his cage, and he was trying to get my attention by looking through it. Haha, what a guy!

No comments: