Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Don't be messing with my dog

Enemy, I get it. You busted my electricity, flooded my house, destroyed my hot water heaters, crashed my computer and gave me sneezing fits. All in the same week! These, I do not like, but will survive. But in the name of God who provides my protection, do not be messing with my dog!

I came home from day one of an important event last week to find that my dog had lost control of her back legs. She was dragging them behind her and couldn't support her weight. The legs were having some kind of seizure and/or cramps. It was very scary and continued for four days. I have taken her to the vet by taxi before, but it is not always easy (drivers think they are going to die of rabies by breathing the same air as a dog), so I took her this time by e-bike. It was about 15 miles roundtrip to the vet and back. Mimi laid on a pillow on the floor board, stuck her head out to see what was ahead of us, and thoroughly enjoyed the trip. Thankfully, it was a cloudy day, so the heat was not unbearable. I drove more slowly than ever before, making sure I didn't get close enough to the curb to take her head off, while staying close enough to the curb that no one would try to drive between us and the curb. It was a weekday morning, so traffic was light (most everyone was at work). The vet gave her medicine, not that I can get her to take the stuff very easily. And now she has gone several days without any repeat problems. Thank you God! I was so worried that this was something she would not recover from. She's only 9.
Here she is sitting up to look out the front. On the way home, she laid down and rested the whole way back. 

I got a new hot water heater in my bathroom. I still don't have hot water in the kitchen, so I'm washing dishes with cold water. It will take time to get heaters, computers, etc. all fixed.

But I think this battle round is mostly over. Heaven wins. But you already knew that.

No comments: