Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Where I live

This is where I live. I can't remember if I've showed you this before or not. According to my rough calculations, there are about 1200 homes in my complex (20 buildings with at least 60 homes per building). Not all apartments are the same size; most hold 4-6 people or maybe even more. Three generations usually live under the same roof.

For example, when I first moved in, my across-the-hall neighbors consisted of a little boy, his young mom, and her 50-something mother. Then later a young man moved in (the husband I presume); he could have been working in another city for a year or two, as is common here. Then later a 60-ish-year-old couple moved in. I haven't figured out who they are yet. So, at least six people live across the hall in an apartment the same size as mine. I think the older people also have homes in their home villages, but they prefer to be in the big city, taking care of the kid while his parents work.
Here's the down ramp to the underground level where there are garages and storage rooms. I cruise down this ramp with my e-bike after every outing so I can re-charge it. 

Just thought you might like to see my abode. My complex has a bigger population than some small towns in Texas.

No comments: