Monday, November 18, 2013

Chillin'

It turned cold the other day. After paying my shockingly expensive electric bill at the end our history-breaking summer heat wave, I was not anxious to start using the main heaters. I want to delay that as long as possible. Instead, I put my oscillating electric heater close by my work station, and my heathen Pekingese immediately went over to bow down in worship before it. She stayed there the rest of the day.

I always hear that dogs don't need clothes because they have fur coats to keep them warm. But then I've also read that dogs that live indoors acclimatize to temperature-controlled dwellings much like people do. Clearly, my dog thought it was cold. She has the run of the house and lots of rugs to lay on. This was her choice.

If she's cold now, then when it gets seriously cold, I'm going to have to put clothes on her to keep her warm!

Mimi's not the only cold one. Over the weekend I put my electric blanket on my bed, dug out my comforter, and wore a thick sweater. It's dark by 5 p.m. these days. Looks like we're going to dig in and prepare for another long cold winter in the Middle Kingdom.

No comments: