Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Office decor

Here is my office for today. All Starbucks should look so beautiful, right? When I arrived before lunch, I staked out my desk in the far back corner on the left (see my computer-carrying backpack on the table). I was the only one here when I arrived, and a few quiet people came in later. Classic Christmas music is playing on the speakers -- Frosty the Snowman was on when I first arrived, and it got classier after that. :-) I bought my hot black coffee for $2.83 for a small cup. (Starbucks costs more here than in the U.S.) None of those fancy Christmas coffees -- candy in a cup -- for me, but not because of price -- I just don't drink sugar. I've been here four hours, and now I feel guilty for leaving Mimi home alone for so long. So I'm about to pack it up and head back. It'll be dark in two hours. I'm trying to get in the Christmas spirit, and that's hard in this country. Starbucks is the one place I can go away from home to get in the spirit. And lucky me, there are fifty gazillion Starbucks in the city where I live, very few as quiet as this one.

No comments: