Tuesday, September 03, 2013

The 'hood at dusk

Here are some views taken from one of my balconies recently. In the park below are dancing ladies. They consider their dance to be exercise. One group meets 6-7 p.m., the other from 7-8 p.m. I don't think they break a sweat, but they keep their muscles limber. I used to scoff. But now I have stiff muscles and joints, so I scoff no more! Night dancing is common in China.
The park's pond has water lilies and algae growing in it. This is the first year I recall seeing the algae growing in it.
I live in a complex that is new, modern and tall (some buildings have more than 20 floors). But the ones across the street were built 30 years ago. The neighborhood has a mix of old and new.

My complex is rather large and may house more people than the small town where I grew up, or it would if people were living in all the apartments ... a few have not been moved into yet.

No tall buildings can be built on land inside the city's moat, as the government is trying to preserve that old part of town. The two buildings on the left (in above photo) are just outside the moat. The tall buildings far away are also outside the moat. In most cities, the tallest buildings are in the downtown area, but in this city, the tallest buildings circle the city, so it looks a little odd until you get used to it.
I have a view of a few mountains from my balcony. I like that. I like living in a big city.

No comments: