Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Pretty little grouch

I took Mimi outside and she parked herself on a park bench and then wouldn't budge. Crazy dog keeps making me laugh.

Doesn't she have a pretty face? Even my neighbors who are terrified by her say she's pretty.

I don't blame my neighbors for being careful around dogs, because they don't know for sure my dog has her rabies' shots (she most certainly does, as do I). Rabies are not completely under control in this country because, for one reason, people figure they can save money by not inoculating their pets.

Why are they terrified of her? She seems to be territorial, as in, she thinks the elevator belongs to us (her and me) and that other people who get on it are borrowing it from us without our permission. She growls at them when they get on like she's an angry ticket conductor on a train.

On days when she's being most ferocious, I pick her up and throw her over my left shoulder. Like a baby. She likes it and immediately calms down, because she likes being treated like a baby. Which reminds me that I must apologize to all of you in the western world for making the people here think that we carry our dogs like babies. They don't think I am weird, they think all foreigners are weird and carry their dogs like this. And you probably really would carry your dog like this if you had to share an elevator with your neighbors like I do. But anyway, sorry. I try to be a good ambassador in every way possible, but this is just one area where I can't represent you well.

No comments: