Friday, August 02, 2013

Uh, no thanks

The complex management came knocking on my door today. (My doorbell is broken, so Mimi notifies me of visitors when they knock too faintly. This one was loud though.)

The man told me that the elevator was broken. Ooh, like my doorbell!

For about a week, it has continued to go up and down the way an elevator should, but the doors won't open unless you know a special trick that I figured out and shared with a few neighbors. But it is not ideal. They've sent half-hearted repairmen, but they didn't fix the problem. But the knock on my door told me that management was finally going to do something about it. It's going to take several days, maybe 3 or 4 or more, he said.

The man said "You can still use it. But it is not safe."

Okay! Well there ya have it. I live on the 8th floor and we're having the hottest summer since 1934 (stairwell is not climate-controlled). Mimi has three outings per day. I'm soooooo looking forward to this mandatory exercise. I'm pretty much sweating just thinking about it.

No comments: