Saturday, August 03, 2013

In the eye of the beholder

Art is a curious thing. Recently I visited a sculpture park. Here's a quick tour. Above is a really big badminton thingy (shuttlecock?).
Interesting idea, that humongous thumb. Interesting, but not really beautiful.

 I prefer green peppers to beige ones.
My logical way of thinking doesn't really get all of this. Sure, you can stick a gigantic fork in a gigantic beige pepper and put it in a gigantic park, but why would you really want to do that?
 I kind of like this one though ... birds flying up and out of a coil.
This is one huge non-functional faucet and water hose. To give you an idea of the scale of this thing, check out the man in the white hat at the bottom of the photo.

Art appreciation -- seems to me that beauty should be self-evident and not require an expensive college course to teach you how to recognize it. But that's just me.

No comments: