Sunday, June 30, 2013

Rain dance

I have a special talent, a knack for always visiting Shanghai on a day when it is raining. Oh yeah, I checked the weather forecast ahead of time, but it was completely wrong (they must hire summer interns to do the forecast).  But once you have tickets, it's hard to change plans. So here are my photos of my trip to Shanghai on Saturday. Above is the Pudong side of the Huangpu (whahng-poo) River. The tall futuristic-looking tower is the Pearl Tower. In this picture it looks much taller than the other buildings, but in fact, it is not. Behind it are the three tallest buildings in China, at least partially obscured by the clouds. One is still under construction. They are in the photo below too.
Above is the Puxi (poo-shee) side of the river, the main part of Shanghai, the Bund. These buildings were built a century or so ago. I didn't lighten the photos, because I wanted you to see the same dark view I got on this cloudy day.
Boats on the Huangpu.

Need rain? Invite me over. It's pretty odd when you consider I didn't even own an umbrella the first 21 years of my life, but these days rain follows me like a little lost puppy.

No comments: