Monday, June 10, 2013

Disbelief of the disbelief

I keep up with American news the same way most Americans living in America do: the Internet and TV. And the reaction of some Americans to two things in the news this year has completely taken me by surprise.

#1 - Lance Armstrong's doping scandal
I was beyond surprised to find out that there were actually people on this planet who thought he was telling the truth the whole time. From the beginning, I never ever believed him. 

#2 - The story about the U.S. government snooping around in our emails and text messages
I have always assumed that this was going on, but apparently a bunch of Americans are totally caught off guard by the news. It never crossed my mind that it wouldn't be going on. Of course it is going on. Wait, it's not SUPPOSED to be going on? I'm so confused. Of course, we'll take into consideration that I live in a place where they sometimes openly admit to doing this. I mean, I used to talk to my wall sockets so the people listening in would have something interesting to listen to. I am totally not kidding. 

In other news, I'm having acupuncture this month. I can't tell any difference yet, except I might hurt more than usual. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: