Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Victoria Peak in Hong Kong

The most famous view of Hong Kong is this one, from atop Victoria Peak. What a beautiful city, built on mountains in a tropical setting along a harbor.
The Peak Tram is one way to get up the mountain. The public city bus is more scenic and cheaper though, so I generally choose the bus. But I have taken the tram several times before.
See the bird in the center of the photo? Such a beauty!
Do you see the spider in the middle of this photo? Yikes! Victoria Peak has quite a few hiking trails that take hours to complete if you go the entire way; it goes through tropical forest areas. I took a stroll down one of them for about 5 minutes, and saw this spider along the way. I didn't figure it was a good idea for me to go hiking alone, even though they have hiking trail police. And then the spider really confirmed to me that I needed to get back into civilization.

No comments: