Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Sunday night market

This past Sunday I went to the Sunday market at Toppae Gate in Chiang Mai, Thailand. Locals set up booths and sell their crafts near the city gate and moat.
 These ladies are making and selling fruity, chocolatey waffles.
I ran into some friends of mine! Yes, literally ran into them -- boom! I'd been working with them all week on a project, but had no idea we'd run into each other at the market. We roamed around together for awhile, then I left them. I am old enough to be their mother, so I didn't want to overstay my welcome. :-)
 This is the food court at the Sunday night market.
Here are tuk-tuks (pronounced took-took), motorized open-air taxis. I take these when I am in Chiang Mai. In the past, they didn't have real taxis here, but now they do. People still use tuk-tuks more than taxis. 
The photo above and below are of the Sunday market, and were taken from the second floor of one of Chiang Mai's many Starbucks coffee shops.
Next stop? Hong Kong!

No comments: