Thursday, December 05, 2013

They give Wal-Mart a bad name

My American friend AB told me that Wal-Mart had Christmas decorations. I don't like to go to Wal-Mart in China, because it is nothing like Wal-Marts in the U.S. Here they don't have any cool stuff; it's all cheap stuff, the same junk you can get anywhere else in the country. I can't believe Wal-Mart would lower their standards to have such horrible stores, but they do. I just went today for Christmas decorations, because I decided I needed some tabletop decor for my upcoming party.
 Wal-Mart in my city is in the basement of a very nice mall. The rest of the mall is awesome.
Here's part of the store. The store smells bad, like rotten meat or something. It smells like that all the time.
Here are some plastic goods. It's just general, cheap-o stuff that's hardly worth having in your home. I suppose it comes in handy for those who have to hand wash their clothes or something.
And here are the Christmas decorations. Sad, isn't it?

I realize that lots of interesting stuff you buy in Wal-Mart is made in China, but it is not SOLD in China. It can't be found anywhere. It is made in factories specifically for export (and some of those factories are owned and operated by Americans). It is boxed in the factory and shipped to America, and the goods never see the light of day within China. I cannot buy half of what you can buy.

You'll notice that Wal-Mart is not crowded. That's because there are dozens of other better stores that people would rather go to instead. Wal-Mart China, you get two thumbs down from me. I like the American version though, and plan to head there week after next!

No comments: