Sunday, December 01, 2013

Another trip

I am off to Taiwan today for a quick 4-day trip. Mimi has been preoccupied with bowing down in front of the heater, so she hasn't noticed yet that I have packed my suitcase. (She lets out a whine when she sees me packing my suitcase.) When I travel, a dogsitter comes to my place to stay for the night and a good portion of the day, so Mimi's life is not terribly disrupted by my travels. Mimi doesn't visit other homes much because she sheds, and also thinks she has been given away to a new owner. If her intelligence was just a little higher, I could assure her that I am not giving her away.

Last night I contacted all my friends to let them know about my Christmas party next weekend. One will be in Japan and Oscar will be taking his mom to the hospital that day, but it sounds like everyone else can come.

I like going to Taiwan because (a) they speak Chinese and (b) unlike Thailand there are lots of shops and restaurants near my lodging in Taiwan. For example, within a block I'll find a McDonalds, a Starbucks, 4-5 locally-owned restaurants, a church, a Christian bookstore, a pharmacy, and a university.  In usual times I would like to stay there a few days longer, but this trip is scheduled too closely to my trip to America, so I have to hurry back!

No comments: