Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Finally

I got a comment on my blog today (the blog post called "Hectic fall," a few posts down). I was really excited, and it probably wasn't a good time to have a cup of hot coffee in my hand! I haven't had a comment in ages. Yea Kim! (Thanks for leaving a comment at all, and double thanks for leaving a helpful one.)

I read blogs where people like me get 200 comments in the first two hours of their post going live, and I'm lucky to get one comment a year. (I realize I probably don't have 200 readers, and possibly some of my blogs are not comment worthy. But anyway, let's not let little details like that get in the way…)

Psychologically speaking:

(a) YES, to answer your question, I probably AM trying to measure my self-worth by the number of comments I have; I do hope for nice comments though, because I have not by any means sunken to the depths of Miley Cyrus in which I would think bad attention is better than no attention at all;

(b) YES, I probably AM trying to put a guilt trip on my readers, hoping my subtle (oh wait, this isn't subtle at all, never mind) pressure will convince them to engage me in conversation on my blog, and

(c) NO, I have not finished my morning cup of coffee, and may have to eventually delete this entire post when I have finally woken up properly.

I am in Taipei, sitting on a bunk bed in a guesthouse to type. The bunk bed (lower part) has a railing to keep children from falling out onto the floor. But for a person my age, trying to swing my legs over the 8-inch railing to get out of bed is pretty torturous. I may have bruises when this trip is over. This bed is about as soft as your dining table too (as in, "not very").

More soon!


4 comments:

Kala said...

Just thought I'd try leaving a comment for you. I actually think of lots of comments for your posts, but Blogger often blocks me when I try to submit, so I quit trying...or maybe I just can't quite figure it out! :). Merry Christmas!

E said...

Thanks Kala!

Hmmm, Blogger itself is blocking comments…I must find an end to that.

I know they make you type in a "Captcha" phrase, which I find annoying. I have to walk around my house looking for my reading glasses when they make me type in a Captcha phrase. They were obviously designed by a 20-something with excellent eyesight.

Donna said...

In many hotels I travel to I have to have a step stool to even get into bed. I even have to take one with me to a friends house.

E said...

Hi Donna! Travel becomes harder as I get older because I want to bring along helpful things. I already carry coffee-making equipment and most of my own food and dishes. I'd like to bring my pillow. I'd like to bring a whole lot of things on my trips. But when I walk out of my building to go on a three-day trip and a neighbor asks if I am moving back to America, it makes me think I'm doing a little overkill on my packing. :-)