Saturday, December 07, 2013

Annual Christmas Party

I had my annual Christmas party tonight, and invited my usual group of young friends.
Above is just a sampling of the photos I took at the party. 

Three girls at the party (new friends of mine, huddled together on the sofa in the top photo) had absolutely no idea what Christmas was about, no idea whatsoever. I tried to tell them, and they had blank looks on their faces. Did not compute. We all gotta start somewhere.

I could not ask for a better group of friends. They are polite, thoughtful, intelligent and fun. I can't imagine why they hang out with me since I'm quite a bit older than they are. All I can figure is that they moved to the big city to get good jobs (most of the guys are engineers), but apart from their work they don't really belong anywhere in society. I provide frequent gatherings where they can be a part of something. There are another half-dozen or so who sometimes attend our gatherings who couldn't attend the party today. I am blessed by these young friends.

Our next gathering may be in January when I teach them how to bake cookies (their request). Most people in this country don't have ovens and are thus unable to bake anything whatsoever. Should be fun!

No comments: