Sunday, March 10, 2013

Tasmanian visitors


In early January, the Cameron family from Tasmania, Australia, came to visit me! They had been on a family trip to South America, had been at Times Square in NYC on New Year's Eve, and then they swung by Asia for a few days so we could catch up. 

I lived in Tasmania from 1987-89, and attended J & R's wedding back at that time. I saw the whole family in the Middle Kingdom in 2008 when they were traveling through, and then this time. We met up in Shanghai, where this photo is taken. (They are at the Bund, with Pudong in the background. It was quite a frigid day, in case you can't tell.) 

I loved visiting with my old friends, and enjoyed their fun children whom I didn't really know that well before. I miss all my Aussie friends and really wish Australia was on the way to somewhere I travel. I can't find a single flight plan to the USA that swings by Tasmania on the way. Not a one. :-)

No comments: