Friday, February 08, 2013

Psychic doggy

The cleaning helper usually comes on Saturday, but today she came on Friday. She called a few hours ahead of time to ask if this was okay. I told her yes. I didn't mention it to Mimi, her being a dog and all.

I was in my home office, which is in the middle of my apartment. Several walls separate it from the front door. Mimi, of course, was lying on the floor at my feet while I was at my desk. 

At one point in the early afternoon, Mimi jumped up, made a happy bark, and trotted to my front door. She jumped on the door and made a lot of noise. Usually if someone is in the hallway, she barks ferociously to scare them away. But she seemed to think that a friendly person was at the door, and she wanted me to come to the door to see.

I took a long time getting to the door. I looked out the peep hole and there was nothing. I stood there for a while. Then, the elevator door opened and the cleaning lady walked out. 

I live on the 8th floor of a building. The woman would have surely still been on the first floor at the time that Mimi, in my office room, detected her presence.

I told the woman what happened. She got a kick out of it, because knows a lot about dogs. She said Mimi probably smelled her when she entered the lobby on the first floor, before entering the elevator.

I'm thinking that woman must have had some malodorous scent on her to make that happen. (But I didn't notice anything with my weaker human nose.) 

I've got one smart doggy!

No comments: