Monday, November 12, 2012

By the dawn's early light


It's hard to believe I was up early enough to see the dawn, but sure enough, I took this photo yesterday morning. (This morning, we're having a tropical downpour instead, so it's a good thing I took this picture yesterday when I could!)

Since I had to be in Thailand anyway for meetings, I decided to stay an extra five days for vacation at a beach. It's a nice place. A non-profit runs it for people in my line of work who need a budget-friendly getaway every now and then. For me, it costs $25 for lodging, double if I use air-conditioning. I'm not one to sweat unnecessarily (this is the TROPICS), and I do want to be able to sleep at night, so I'm using the A/C. They serve family-style meals, at cost, so those of us staying here don't have to fork out big bucks for restaurant food.

The location is very much off the beaten path. It is not a tourist area, it is a beach village area. Villagers sleep outside under huts, not because they don't have homes, but because it is too hot to sleep inside the homes.

This spot has awesome Internet service. I'll try to upload more pictures later. Hopefully my plans for today are not going to be rained out, but if they are, I'll post more today.

No comments: