Saturday, November 24, 2012

Black Friday

Friday, I finished my abbreviated nebulizer treatments at noon. I decided that since I hadn't had turkey for Thanksgiving, I would go to Subway sandwich shop and have a turkey sandwich. 

So that's what I did. While sitting there having lunch, it dawned upon me that I was in a mall, a really nice one, and it was Black Friday. So although I needed to be in bed, I decided a walk around the mall might just lift my spirits. It did! 

Since neither Christmas, Thanksgiving, nor therefore Black Friday are celebrated in this country, the mall was pretty empty. I looked around, bought a few items, and returned home. 

The only super-crowded place at the mall on this cold, rainy day was Starbucks, so I gave it a pass just this once.

I was so happy to be out and about on Black Friday. It's a much safer thing to do here than in America!

P.S. I have no idea what a ship has to do with Christmas. See the anchors mixed in with the snowflakes hanging from the ceiling? Anyway, it was pretty.

No comments: