Thursday, November 29, 2012

A good friend

During the past two weeks that I've been fighting my lung infection, Mimi may have not gotten as much attention as usual. A few days I forgot to change her drinking water so she had a fresh bowl. Her walks outside were fewer and much, much shorter than usual. She must be tired of eating the same thing over and over. And now that I've lost my voice, I can't even talk to her.

I realize she doesn't have a lot of choices as to what to do in this situation, but she has been a really good sport. She knows something is wrong and she doesn't whine or demand too much out of me. She snuggles up close to me when I sit on the sofa, and she's a big fan of the long frequent naps I've been taking. Unafraid of my germs, curious over the nebulizer (that now is in my apartment), and patient when I walk into the other room to feed her and forget by the time I get there why I have gone, my Mimi has shown a lot of patience and love. Ah, if only I could teach her to cook and clean! That would alleviate her boredom!

In about six weeks, she'll turn eight years old. My how time flies. She's by far the best thing I ever picked up out of a cardboard box on a street in China. She's a keeper.

And, yes, I thought it was time for another post about my dog (the one about Doritos doesn't count), as it has been awhile now. :-) If you'd ever had a dog like mine, you would understand.

By the way, I'm better, but still not well. I am still homebound, except for doctor's visits.

No comments: