Thursday, October 01, 2009

The Way Mimi Sees Things


How much is that doggy in the window? Priceless! Mimi loves her little picture-window perch from which she can look down on the world below. All three bedrooms have these kind of windows, and she has beds in two of the three windows (third room is closed off).

Mimi has dog buddies at our new locale. There is (sadly) a homeless dog who lives in this apartment complex. Since one neighbor said the dog didn't have a name, I took it upon myself to name the dog Bon-Bon and often give her something to eat, as do others who live here. (Bon-Bon has at least two other names that I have heard people call her after I named her. Sometimes I jokingly call her Bon-Bon-Hwa-Hwa-Little Bear, in case she recognizes any of those names.) Bon-Bon is friendly, quite cheerful despite her circumstances, about 1.5 years old, and seems to survive fairly well. One day when there was bad weather, some neighbors put BBHHLB inside the lobby of their building to protect her from the elements. BBHHLB followed me into a convenience store earlier today to buy Diet Cokes; I've acquired a shadow. Mimi and BBHHLB sometimes chase each other and tussle, something Mimi doesn't get to do with dogs that have owners. Mimi runs fast like lightning...much faster than the other dogs.

I just got back from a trip to Hong Kong yesterday, and I am tired and am suffering headaches. It was a dog update or nothing at all, so don't anyone hassle me about another dog update! Haven't had time to take other photos recently. Hope this finds you all well!

No comments: