Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Autumn in Bamboo Forest


The Parade of Roses? Not exactly, but displays made of flowers are all over town this time of year, every year, but especially this year to commemorate the country's 60th birthday. That flag is all flowers!

Hmmm. Wal-Mart? What you can't see under the Wal-Mart sign is a Starbucks, and the Burger King two doors down, and the Sephora and H&M shops inside. Don't get too excited about the Wal-Mart. They are not like the ones in the USA. There are far better places for me to shop in Bamboo Forest than this Wal-Mart. But I like the other shops in this mall just fine!

Flowers are not just for spring. Autumn has brought a surprising number of blooms our way.

A closer look at the same two flowers....

Ahh, look at this beauty I found when I was out and about! Her dog breath is as fragrant as any flower (an acquired taste), and she's just as lovely. I think I'll take her home with me!

No comments: