Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Hong Kong

I'm in Hong Kong right now. I took a few photos on Hong Kong Island today when I was out shopping.

A typhoon (hurricane) is headed our way and may hit tonight, so today it was pretty cloudy and windy, with hard rains off and on.

Hong Kong used to be called a shopper's paradise (probably still is called that). You can find just about everything under the sun in this city. If you don't have lots of money, you can shop at markets like the one pictured above. Or,......if your wallet is loaded, you can shop at the posh department stores and designer shops like the ones pictured above. Both styles of shopping are interesting...good places to people watch.
Oooh, baby blue double-decker cable cars...how pretty!

I'm supposed to leave Hong Kong tomorrow, Lord willing and weather permitting. I have to go to the airport one way or the other, but I have a feeling I may end up reading a book and drinking coffee there for the better part of the day. I had to come out to HK for visa purposes. I'll be glad to get back to my own place and to Mimi. Besides, my feet hurt from walking so much.

For those waiting for the newsletter I promised to have sent out "within the week," I may be a little late due to travels. Sorry about that.

No comments: