Monday, August 17, 2009

Pulling My Hair Out*

I'm pulling my hair out because a few days ago, my landlord told me I have 30 days to find a new apartment and move out, and I live in a country where that is not easy to do. This is made more difficult by (a) a cold, (b) guilt over not having sent out the newsletter that I told you would be sent out by now, and (c) a visitor. It is not nice to do much apartment viewing with visitors in town. (Did I mention that my visitor speaks only Mandarin?)

So, here I am pulling my hair out (visual effect). If you don't like that look, as I'm quite sure my parents will not, you can view the PEACEful me below.

I'm guessing my parents are not too thrilled with this mod photo of me either. After all this time of waiting for me to post a photo, this is what they get. (No Ma, I know I'm not 20-something years old anymore, but I often hang out with people who are!)

I hope this will do. It is so hard to be serious when you are taking photos of yourself. Mimi hasn't learned photography yet, so you have to deal with what I can do myself, I'm afraid.

My newsletter is delayed by these unplanned events. Sorry.

*Actually, just kidding, no need for me to pull my hair out, I just need divine intervention. Really now, your prayers for me to find a good apartment in a timely manner would be very much appreciated. I want the place that He has in mind. Right now I really can't find a thing.

No comments: