Sunday, August 09, 2009

Wanna Play Catch?

I have always said that the double decker buses along Hong Kong's Nathan Road are so close to each other that while stopped at traffic lights, passengers from different buses, if they wanted to, could swap recipes. I stand by that observation.

Along that same line of reasoning, if I had a baseball glove, and the boaters on the Grand Canal did too, we could play catch while I am standing on the banks of the Grand Canal. I took this photo from the banks, and I do not (yet) have a zoom lens. We were that close.


It was 100*F that day, and of course I went out at noon. This bright time of day is a bad time to take pictures, which is why these aren't the greatest, but I might as well show them to you anyway, no?

While I currently have a fascination with all things "Grand Canal-ish," there are other interesting things to see around town.

I love the architectural style of the black tile roofs and white walls in this city.

I love the canals and waterways that criss-cross this area. There is water everywhere!


This sunken boat illustrates the notion that one man's trash is another man's (uh, I mean another bird's) treasure. The little bird in the lower right hand corner has found a place of refuge on the wreckage, bless his/her little heart. We always mourn the loss of broken dreams, but some glimmer of goodness always seems to come from it if we look hard enough.

No comments: