Saturday, December 20, 2008

Update on Ms. Shoe

I wanted to give you an update on Ms. Shoe, the poor widow I talked about four posts down from here. Since I am not in Bedrock anymore, I can't go see her and help her directly. But I asked a dear Chinese friend in her 70's who speaks English (as well as you do) if she would help, and she agreed. I gave this friend Ms. Shoe's address, and the older friend set off in search of her on Friday. My older Chinese friend said, "It was a very tiring search, and I can only describe it like the slums in Oliver Twist. It is amazing and cruel to see still quite a few people living in terrible conditions." Thanks to some of you who have given money to help Ms. Shoe. I think she needs your prayers too. Her situation is really quite grim. How do you stay positive and raise a daughter when the very best you can do is still quite horrible? Seriously, could you put Ms. Shoe on your prayer list, or stop right now and pray for her and her two daughters (one away, one at home) to find hope in their desperate situation? Thanks.

No comments: