Monday, December 29, 2008

Cafes

Bamboo Forest is full of lots of cute little cafes that I hope to more fully explore in the spring when the weather warms up and daylight hours are longer.

I went to this chic restaurant recently during a lovely, steady rain, watching the passersby with their colorful umbrellas. (Yes, so "chic" and expensive I will never go again, which is why I had to take pictures while I was there this time.)

Here's a cute little cafe in an indoor mall near my apartment. It is a coffee shop/bakery/restaurant where you can get sandwiches, spaghetti, soups, and things like that which are easy to make in this country.
***
This city has dozens of "western food" restaurants that serve Mexican food, German food, and all sorts of things. Most of them are across town. I feel something is wrong if you come to China and JUST eat that stuff. So I live on the opposite side of town on purpose, and 90% of the time I prefer Chinese food if given a choice. The Chinese food here is delicious, nothing like that stuff you get where you live.
***
Hey, have you noticed I have lots of blog entries as of late? Yeah, I can't explain it either. :-)

No comments: