Saturday, March 15, 2014

Weeping willows and tulip trees

I told you that the delicate leaves of the weeping willows were pushing their way onto the scene, so today I decided to take some photos of them for you.

I call these white tulip trees, although they certainly have a more official name. I grew up in a desert. We hardly had trees at all, much less any that had flowers on them. So really, how can you expect me to know the official names of these things?
 I took this picture inside my apartment complex today, while walking Mimi.
A few days ago, the white flowers really looked like tulips, although they have opened up now. And may I just point out the blue skies? This country gets a bad rap for pollution, so I just want you to know we have pretty blue skies here.
Here are a few tulip trees I saw in town earlier in the day. Spring. Bring it on!

No comments: