Monday, March 03, 2014

Lunch view

January and February brought uncharacteristically fabulous weather. But now winter's rainy season is upon us and we have day after day of dreary wet cold weather. Today though, the sun came out, and so did I. I had lunch at a chic coffee shop built into an ancient structure along a famous canal. I took this photo from my spot at the table. I live in such a culturally rich city; I love it! 

Don't love the high price of coffee shops in this city though. You know it's bad when you go to Starbucks because they sell the cheap coffee. Yeah, really.

BTW, the color of the water in this canal? It looks somewhat more icky-colored in the photo than it does in real life. It's brown, but not caramel brown. It's kind of like the color of most rivers in Texas. I still wouldn't go swimming in it or anything, that's for sure. I give it points for being quaint and ancient, but it is not clean.

No comments: