Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Pleasant weather

This winter has been pleasant. It's still plenty cold, but we've had far more sunshine than usual, and slightly warmer temperatures than in my previous winters here.

Weekend before last, we had a highly rare blast of warm winter temperatures, and it was 75°F on February 1st! I didn't have to wear a jacket or long johns. This has happened here NEVER before on my watch. Unlike Texas where the weather jumps up and down all winter long, here it is consistently frigid all winter, until now.

While the warm weather was here, a young friend came to stay for 10 days. We did some sightseeing in the nice weather.

The warm weather lasted only about a week though, then we had snow. It snowed again today.

I'm going to Thailand next Tuesday. It is in the 90s there. I'm digging out my summer clothes and sandals. Feels really strange to do so when it is snowing outside!

No comments: