Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Hot, snowy and pink


On the last day of January, I took a photo of the confused trees in my apartment complex. It was so warm, they thought it was spring so they started popping out pink buds. The following day (February 1st) it got to 75°F. That kind of warmth in winter never happens around here. We usually get cold and stay that way for six months.

The guards at my apartment complex put Christmas lights in the trees for Chinese New Year (Chinese New Year was January 31st this year). Is it a tradition to put lights in trees for CNY? No. They just thought it looked pretty.
Four days later it was snowing. And the week after that it snowed even more. It didn't stick (not much anyway). All these are pics from that general time frame. There's no snow in the photos, just wet pavement that resulted from it.
Super-sleuth Mimi. Hiding in the grass. Cats beware.
 Look at that plume tail!
Her paw hair has since been trimmed. It really grows fast! It was so long she was almost tripping over it when she jumped on the park bench. I would cut it more often if she wouldn't wiggle around so much when I got the scissors out.

I bet all this pink is making you dizzy. I bet you're headed to the kitchen for a bitter cup of coffee to cut through all the sweetness of this post. Even I'm a little overwhelmed, and I kind of like pink. Don't worry, I'll choose a non-pink color for my next post.

No comments: