Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Not the plan

I was supposed to be eating Thai food in the night market in Chiang Mai tonight, and instead I am watching it snow from my hotel room in Kunming.

Uh ... it never snows in Kunming. This city is supposed to be the land of eternal spring, where it is 70°F year-round. The people here are weirdly giddy.

I didn't bring the right clothes for this kind of stuff. I brought capri pants and sandals, not sweaters and long johns.

It was snowing when I left Shanghai this morning and it was snowing when I got to Kunming. They are on opposite sides of the country. I think it must have been snowing everywhere in-between as well.

Due to the weather mayhem, I missed my connecting flight. I certainly wasn't expecting to spend more than 2 hours in Kunming, but God must have had other plans for me. I got a hotel room and booked another flight for tomorrow. Thailand, hopefully I'll be seeing you maƱana. And please be warm because I packed my summer clothes!

No comments: