Sunday, June 03, 2012

We got our streets back

After years of messy metal barriers and dirt, our streets are finally back to normal!
The subway construction is finished, the roads have been re-paved, and most buildings got new paint and/or signs (I can't help but think the government paid for that as a small consolation). Trees have been planted, and things are just gorgeous now.
This is a block from where I live.
This is a bicycle lane. A bus stop is in the island between the bike lane and main lane of traffic.
This street is in my general neighborhood.
The thing about progress is that it never seems to end. Sure, they finished one subway line, but now they are getting ready lines 2, 3, 4 and more. So there are more dirt roads/construction areas in town, they are just no longer the main roads through town. This one is about a block from where I live, but I don't use this street very often so I am not too bothered.

No comments: