Thursday, June 21, 2012

One week to go

A week from now I commence travel to the USA. I have a lot to do in the next week!

Before every trip, I spend some time with the twins in my office, Comet and Cupid, pictured above. (Their names are really Comet and Comet.) I'm pretty much done with them for this trip prep.
I have dog food to buy. I have to buy several months' worth of food ahead of time. Stores don't have that much food in stock at one time, so I make several trips to the store (allowing them time to re-stock).


Other chores on my list:

  • Pre-pay rent, by paying in person and getting receipts signed.
  • Do lots of banking
  • Scan important documents
  • Make sure Mimi's minder has extra keys, which may entail getting more made.
  • Pay utility bills (in person, they can't be paid by mail)
  • Set aside money envelopes for someone else to pay my utilities in my absence (Mimi runs the a/c during the summer, ya know).
  • Give Mimi a bath
  • Line up transportation to the airport
  • Go visit Aussie friends in a major city nearby (which is not a "chore" but something pleasant). Buy train tickets to do that (buying tickets is the chore).
  • Go to the doctor here to get prescriptions to last the duration of my trip.
  • Wash, iron, pack
  • Restock the kitchen with soy sauce, brown vinegar, rice, meat, cookies and other snacks so the house/dog sitter will be well taken care of in my absence.
  • And do my regular work.

If perchance I don't post anything new in the coming week, you might suppose it is because I am busy getting ready. If you don't hear anything from me the week after THAT, you might suppose I am suffering from jet lag. But you may hear from me before then, so keep checking back!

No comments: