Sunday, February 14, 2010

Idol Worship - The Taoist Variety

Don't teach your kids that "back in the old days" of the Bible, people worshiped idols. Shockingly, people still do, and did so today. I went to do research at a Taoist temple today. It grieved my soul to see those searching for a god in a place that looked like hell.

I knew that in Hong Kong and Taiwan people really worshipped like this, but I did not expect to see it in a country where most people are supposed to be atheists. On the first day of the new year, scores of people go to temples to pray, looking for hope and prosperity in the year. It was SNOWING today, and people were supposed to be at home with their families, and I was absolutely dumfounded when my friend TR and I got to the temple and saw the crowds.

It was a fiery, smoky furnace of despair. It felt so evil.

No comments: