Saturday, February 06, 2010

The Big World Downstairs

From my bedroom window, I took some shots of the view downstairs. There's a little park with ponds, rocks, and pavement. There's a bicycle path, then the main road. Then there are "short" little rows of apartments across the way (seven-stories tall, max). The more modern complex where I live is taller.

When it is not raining, the park is filled all day long with elderly folks in their drab-colored clothes, playing cards, chess, and who-knows-what all.

They are rather transfixed on their games. Getting out and about every day is good for them ... beats sitting at home watching TV I suppose. It's like a public park retirement center. I'm not sure, but I surmise that they play for money.

Rain

It's raining today. I love to hear the rain ... I love being indoors where it is dry and warm.

This February is forecast to be almost as dreary as the last one. It's what I imagine Seattle to be like. Not that I would know really....

No comments: