Monday, May 26, 2014

Photography day

If I didn't go outside until all my work was done, I'd never see the light of day…I'd never see the moon either, come to think of it. So today I decided the work could wait. I needed an outing. So I took my camera (which is technically part of my work) and headed out.
 Here is part of the city skyline; the photo was taken from atop the old city wall.
 Canals run through the city.
 Skyscrapers, rivers, and many, many bridges
A lonely little tea shop atop the city wall had no customers, just two pet birds sitting out in the shade and breeze.
 Thank you God for making so many flowers pink! I truly love them.
Water, rocks, trees, flowers, humongous goldfish, pagodas, tea houses -- a little slice of Chinese paradise.
 Pagoda -- I can see this from the balcony at my apartment.
 Rooftops
A steaming cup of green tea to quench my thirst at an outdoor tea shop ends my outing in the best, most relaxing possible way. Thermoses like the ugly blue one pictured are the world's most superb thermoses. Ask anyone who has been to China and they'll confirm. Anyway, the tea shop gave me a cup with green tea leaves and a thermos. If I wanted, I could sit there all day and refill my cup with the thermos's steaming hot water.
I really must find a way to do this more often. 

No comments: