Friday, May 16, 2014

Favorite city


It's a close call, but if I had to choose my favorite city in the world, I think I would choose Shanghai. I love it there. Hong Kong is a very close second. They are both really great cities. One advantage that Shanghai has for me is that people there speak Mandarin. What luck, so do I! It is also more spread out, thus less crowded than Hong Kong (unless you are out on a holiday or weekend, which I try to avoid; both cities are uncomfortably crowded on weekends).
 Shanghai has an eclectic mix of old and new.
It's a very green city, with lots of parks scattered throughout town. It's quite a beautiful place.
Here's a quick look at the traffic. (Those of you who have been to Bedrock will note that Shanghai has orderly traffic, unlike the chaotic traffic of smaller cities.)
Well, looky there, Nicole Kidman is on a billboard, selling watches, greeting drivers as they drive near the center of town.
 Tall, elegant buildings can be seen as far as you can see. Farther actually.
Yes, it's true. You can worship God and get your chocolate fix all in one outing. More on Shanghai in my next post.

No comments: