Wednesday, January 30, 2013

The grey skies of January


Back in the fall, I decided that no matter what, I wasn't going to let the gloomy weather of January and February get me down. I'm doing better than previous years, but there's just no getting around the gloom. Not even Mimi's and my shared birthdays were exciting enough to make January fun.

Below-freezing wind chill knifing me in the face as I travel by e-bike just takes the fun out of every little outing. Oh to have a car with windows that rolled up to prevent this!

My satellite TV is broken down too and has been for two months. I can't even watch TV for whatever little entertainment value it offers.

Because I had a lung infection back before Christmas, I was out of it for about a month. So I am still digging out from double the amount of work assignments that piled up during that time. Which means I am sick to death of looking at my computer. Which means I haven't updated my blog.

I did read a few books though, at night before I fell asleep and on Sunday afternoons. I love to read a good book in winter!

Anyway, now that I've explained myself ... I'm planning to get back in the swing of things, so keep checking back.

No comments: